Vanda is an International Science Competition held annually around the globe. It focuses on the student’s ability to think critically and creatively to pick out hidden information to aid them in solving the question.
Vanda is for students from primary 3 to senior secondary school 2 (Grade 3 to SSS 2). It follows the Singapore School Science Syllabus with a focus on higher order thinking skills. This allows participants to do better compared to pure-Olympiad papers since they are familiar with most of the topics.
Science Questions in the competition have a strong foundation in scientific knowledge and methodology which include the development of reasoning and analytical skills, decision and problem solving skills, flexible to respond to different context and possessing an open and inquiring mind that is willing to explore new territories and learn new things which are aligned to the desired 21st century competencies.
Ignite your Passion
Vanda ignites students’ hidden passion for science! Vanda provides a range of interesting content in questions to spark their curiosity and encourages them to venture deeper into the world of science.
An Opportunity For All
Vanda exposes students to a Science Olympiad Competition that follows closely to their syllabus and their level of content learned. This gives them the confidence to take part in more challenging science competitions and start scoring “A*”s in Science.
Reaching Greater Heights
Vanda helps students to be comfortable with various science Olympiad papers in the right environment. Vanda wants students to utilize this experience to continue to take part in more challenging Science Olympiad Competitions in the future.
There are two categories of eligible candidates.
School Candidates: These are candidates registered directly from their various schools. Minimum of 4 students per school
Private Candidates: These candidates are candidates registered by individual, organization or society other than a school. e.g. Parents, Guardian, Private lesson tutor, NGO etc.
13$ (7,280) for school candidate
18$ (10,080) for private candidate
May 20, 2022
Benefits of Participating in vANDA science
- Science Bootcamp: Perfect scorers, Gold and Silver Medalists will be invited for an intensive 3-days Science Bootcamp
- $150 Cash award for Perfect Scorers
- Cash prize for Top Country Gold Scorer
- Medals and plaque awards for perfect scorers, Top Global Gold Scorers and Top Country Gold Scorers
- Certificates for Global Perfect Scorers, Top Global Gold Scorers, Top Country Gold Scorers, Gold, Silver and
- Personalized medals for Global Perfect Scorers, Top Global Gold Scorers and Top Country Gold Scorers
- An invitation to the award ceremony for Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals winners
- E-certificates are also given to participants who qualify for Honourable Mention and attain Certificate of
- All participants will receive an online performance report which analyses their capabilities across different topics and benchmarks their performance with other participants in the same grade and country/territory