SASMO caters to the top 40% of the student population and it aims to arouse students’ interest in mathematical problem solving to develop mathematical intuition, reasoning, logical, creative.
Created in 2006, SASMO is one of largest math contests in Asia.
The SASMO Team with the support of Advisory Council spend countless hours carefully developing contest papers which touch on both school and Olympiad maths. This combined effort allows participants to do better compared to pure-Olympiad papers, since they are familiar with some questions and can put on their thinking caps for others, bringing out the inner mathematician in them.
With realistic and high standards, SASMO contests aim to stretch the untapped thinking potential of the student population, their
participation in SASMO will help them improve in school mathematics as well as higher order thinking skills (HOTS)
SASMO is a math olympiad contest that stretches not only the brightest students but is aimed at instilling confidence for all students.
The contest is designed in a way to make every student love Math again. SASMO contest fits nicely into the school curriculum with a high focus on non routine problem sums – preparing for SASMO contest helps students prepare for UTME and O-Level exams.
A student is only allowed to take SASMO contest at 1 level and they can only attempt the contest either as a school candidate or private candidate, but not both. Any student who attempts more than 1 SASMO contest in the same year will be disqualified.
There are two categories of eligible candidates.
- School Candidates: School Candidates are candidates registered directly from their various schools.
- Private Candidates: Private candidates are candidates registered by any individual, organization, or society other than a school. .e.g. Parents, Guardian, Private lesson tutor etc.
Competition New Date:
12 – 14th April 2022
School Candidate: $14 (NGN 7,840)
Private Candidate: $19 (NGN 10,640)
March 30, 2022
Schools and participants will receive the following:
- s$100 Cash award for Perfect Scorers
- Certificates for Global Perfect Scorers, Top Global Gold Scorers, Top Country Gold Scorers, Gold, Silver and
- Personalized medals for Global Perfect Scorers, Top Global Gold Scorers and Top Country Gold Scorers
- Cash prize for Top Country Gold Scorer
- Medals for Gold, Silver and Bronze winners
- E-certificates are also given to participants who qualify for Honourable Mention and attain Certificate of
- International Junior Honor Society (IJHS) membership for significant award winners.
- All participants will receive an online performance report which analyses their capabilities across different
topics and benchmarks their performance with other participants in the same grade and country/territory